2 ponds unpeeled fresh shrimp
1 pound smoked sausage or andouille sausage
I medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 celery ribs
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves
2 teaspoon Korinko Creole Gluten Free Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon Leah and Perrins Gluten Free Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1/2 cup chopped green onions for cooking and garnish
2-3 cups hot cooked rice
1. Peel Shrimp, reserving shells. Set meet aside
2. Combine shells and chicken broth in a large dutch oven pan.
3.Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes. ( This will soak up all the shrimp juice from the shells)
4. Strain shrimp shells. Keeping the liquid broth, set aside and throwing out the shells.
5. Cook sausage in a dutch oven over medium heat until browed. Remove sausage, set aside.
6. Leave the remaining liquid from the sausage in the pan. Add oil to measure 1/2 cup.
7. Add flour into the oil/ sausage juice mixture over low heat. Whisk constantly for about 35-40 minutes. This step is very important. You can easily burn the flour mixture if you do not whisk constantly
8.Whisk until it is brown colored.
9.Stir in onion,green pepper, celery and garlic cloves until vegetables are tender.
10. Stir in broth, bring mixture into a boil.
11. Stir in bay leaves, creole seasoning, thyme, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 45-50 minutes.
12. Stir occasionally
13. Stir in shrimp, green onions. Cook for 5 t 7 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
14. Discard bay leaves
15. Serve over hot rice and more green onions for garnish.