Spinach Turkey Meatballs - Gluten Free

I've been experimenting with food lately. I noticed that we only use spinach to make a salad, combine it with eggs or simply saute it.  I was getting tired of making ground turkey meatballs until I thought of adding spinach! Yes, spinach! It's tastier and I fee like I'm not just eating pure meat! This recipe is definitely worth trying! 






Ingredients:
1- 1.25 ground turkey
2 garlic cloves
1/2 onion (large) or 1 medium
1/4 tsp oregano
4 handfuls of fresh spinach or around .5 ounces (this really depends on how much spinach you want on your meatballs)
1/8 tsp Thyme
1 large egg
3 tablespoons of chicken broth (gluten free)
1 tbs Worcestershire
salt and pepper
1/8/ - 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes 
olive oil for sauteing 
around 3/4 cup bread crumbs ( I used gluten free, schar

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Saute garlic and onions in olive oil. Once onions are cooked, put the spinach in and stir.
2. Once the spinach is cooked, put the chicken broth in. Let it cook until there's almost no liquid left in the pot.
3.  When done, let it cool.
4. In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey oregano, thyme,Worcestershire,salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and bread crumbs. Combine well.
5. Combine the spinach mixture into the bowl.
6. Spray oil into a baking dish. 
7. I made about 17 meatballs when I used 1.25 ground turkey. 
8. Bake for 20 minutes then flip. Bake the other side for another 10 or until the middle is cooked.
9. Serve it with over spaghetti and your favorite sauce or  make meatball sandwiches! 

For anyone who is gluten-free, I used brown rice pasta and Barrilla - gluten free pasta. Don't forget to sprinkle some parmigiano-reggiano cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...