Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs

I make this dish probably once or twice a month. It's super easy! You can also try baking the meatballs to make them a little more healthful but I think that dries them out.  I would have made my own sauce, but again, this is a recipe for work days, so I try to make it as convinient as possible. Let me know what you think!  














Ingredients: 
1 lb. lean ground turkey
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pepper
1/2 oregano
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 box whole wheat pasta
1 jar of your favorite sauce or homemade sauce

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients except for pasta and put in the fridge.
2. Boil water and cook pasta as directed. Drain and drizzle olive oil. Set aside.
3. Shape the mixed ingredients into 30 meatballs.  
4. Oil a pan and cook each meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and nicely brown on the outside. 
5. Combine and heat pasta, meatballs and sauce together. 
Serve with parmesan cheese. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...