Mulberry Road Sheath Dress - Xaviars on the Hudson



Duet of Heritage Pork - Crispy Belly with Plum Mostarda Terderloin Wrapped in Bacon, White Cheddar Grits, Broccoli Rabe & Cider Glaze

Pan Seared Diver Scallops - Corn & Chanterelles 


Details:
Dress: Anthropologie -  Mulberry Road Sheath
Shoes: Michael Kors -  Iona Pump
Accessories:
Sunglasses: Ray Ban - Wayfarer Brown

His:
Shoes: Lacoste Loafers
Shirt: J.crew Factory Washed Shirt in Medium Gingham 
Sweater: J.crew Slim Rugged Contton V-neck Sweater 
Jeans: J.crew Factory Bleeker Jean
Accessories:
Sunglasses: Ray Ban - Wayfarer Black
___________________________________________________________

What do I like about the dress? 
* It is flattering and slimming. 
*I like the hidden pockets. 
* Perfect length for heels or flats. 

What don't I like about the dress?
* Dry Clean - Who wants to spend money on dry cleaning? Not me. 
* The bead work on the front is very fragile. (Ethan, my nephew, wouldn't stop ripping the beads off the dress) 

What did I like about Xaviars? 
* Parking Validation  - with Xaviar's stamp, it's $3
* The table are well spaced out - a lot of privacy
* Clean Bathroom - always a plus to me
* Their dishes has some unique ingredients ( the mushrooms Mitchell had on his Scallops dish) - wish they served more of it though. 
* Service was good - It was expected since it's a $$$ restaurant 
* The way the waiter described their food was very detailed.

What didn't I like about Xaviars?
* We ended up sitting directly in font of the sun that we ended up wearing our sunglasses inside. They couldn't move us to a different table. Their curtains were able to pull down on some areas but not on ours. (They did give us free dessert because of it but a restaurant like this should have a solution for an easy problem)
* The center pieces could be better. They should make it more simple instead of putting a giant fish bowl with a little plant inside. What a waste of space. 
I think that their food could be better. My dish ( Duet of Heritage Pork, see above) was nothing special. Very similar to a Filipino dish called Liempo which cost half the price. I personally think that they over charge dishes in this place because of the name of the owner and how he competed with Bobby Flay on show, The Iron Chef. Sure, they put expensive ingredients on their dishes but I've had better tasting food for less. I'm picky when it comes to "expensive food." I expect every detail to be almost perfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...