Do you think that tofu is too soggy, wet or soft? Try this recipe, you'll start loving eating TOFU
14 ounce extra firm tofu
2 1/2 cups green beans
3 gloves garlic
1 cup onions
1 1/2 cup diced carrots
sesame oil and olive oil OR just olive oil. never use sesame oil by itself.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger or 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs agave/maple syrup OR honey
3 Tbs flour or 1 TBS cornstarch
The trick is to dry the tofu. How? by baking it! but first, there are a couple of steps before baking the tofu.
1.Remove tofu from the package. Wrap it well with multiple layers of paper towels (2 layers).Set it aside. Then place a skillet, heavy bowls or something heavy on top.(I used a skillet)
2. Let is dry for 30 minutes. Change your towels if it gets too wet.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake tofu for 30 -35 minutes. Flipping them once half way through.
4. While waiting for this to bake. Cut all your veggies. and make your rice ( if your serving it with trice) When the tofu is done. let it sit to make it dry it out more.
In a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add oil then add onions and garlic, once the garlic gets a lil brown. add the rest of the veggies. It will take about 7-10 minutes. Stir often.
5. When vegetables are soften and have some color. add the sauce. then stir.
6. It should thicken. Add the tofu and stir to coat.
Cook for another 2 minutes. Then serve over rice.
Let me know what you think!