This is my first time ever cooking quinoa and it came out great. The quinoa makes this whole dish. It's feels light in my stomach yet so full of flavors. The beautiful colors in this dish made me even more excited about it. This is good to eat as a dish or a dip. Let me know what you think!
2 cups- Quinoa
1 small onion minced
3 garlic gloves- chopped
1 red pepper
1/2 bag frozen sweet corn
4 1/2 cups cooked black beans
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 small lime
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 cups Mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook quinoa by following directions in the box. Substitute vegetable broth instead of water to make it flavorful
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Combine garlic and onions together. Sautee until softened. Add in peppers and corn. Cook for 3-4 minutes
4Add lime, cayenne,chili powder, cumin and fresh cilantro. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Taste. If you want more flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder and cumin and a dash of cayenne. (It can get too spicy, if you add too much of cayenne, so taste as you season)
5. In an oiled baking dish. Add a layer of quinoa, then a layer of the vegetable mix. add a thin layer of mexican cheese. Repeat this until the dish is full. Top it with the rest of the mexican cheese and bake it WITH FOIL for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 until the cheese is melted and the sides are bubbling.
6. Take it out and let it cool for 10 minutes. Serve it with some corn chips and sour cream.