Pork chops and roasted Brussels sprouts

 I love TJ's. (Trader joes). Eventhough I hate falling in line to park my car and dealing with the long line checking out, I find myself at TJ's at least once a week). I bought two pork chops and for a week I had no idea what to do with it! As I gathered what I have in my kitchen, I've decided to make a panko crusted pork chops with a side of roasted brussels sprouts.

Total Time: Estimate of 30-45 min.
Ingredients: 
2 pork chops
salt and pepper
4 tbs of flour
1 egg
1 cup panko bread crumbs (or Italian bread crumbs)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1. In a small bow, combing salt, pepper, paprika and flour. In another bowl, combine egg with Worcestershire sauce. Put flour in one small plate. 
2. Coat chops with flour, then dip the coated chops in eggs, finally coat it with panko bread crumbs. 
3. In a large skillet ( I mean this, you want space between your chops). Heat olive oil over medium/low heat. Don't burn the crust.
4. Brown both sides (5-6 minutes); turn and continue for another 5 min
5. Make sure the middle is cook

You will notice that the crumbs sticks to the chops really well and that is because of the flour. Flouring, the egg  and the bread crumbs will keep your chops crisp. 

Sauce
I used apple Jelly because I didn't have time to make a sauce and it was delicious. If you happen to have time try this 
1/2 pineapple diced
1 tomato
1/2 red onion, minced
1 tbs cilantro leaves, chopped
1 lime, juiced (or lime juice, store bought)
salt and pepper. 

Mix everything in one medium bowl and spoon salsa on top of pork chops. 


ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS.
Fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
olive oil
salt and pepper
garlic salt
Combine all ingredients in one bowl. Place Brussels sprouts in baking sheet. Bake it for 30-40 minutes at 400 deg. Shake the baking pan often to make sure the bottom isn't burning. Wait until parts are golden brown. Serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...